Music Therapy and Autism – Music therapy can be very helpful for those with a diagnosis on the autistic spectrum. Involvement in music making can both stimulate and relax a person leading to very positive changes.
Music therapy with children can:
- help a child to listen
- encourage spontaneous play
- stir a desire to communicate
- strengthen muscles and improve co-ordination
- help the child to build relationships
- improve concentration
- provide a means of self expression
- stimulate language development through songs and turn taking
- excite imagination and creativity
Contact us to find out more.
The Waves Office is open on Tuesday and Wednesday from 9-3pm.
We will endeavour to answer all enquiries as they arrive, but please note that we are only in the office two days per week.